An interactive online radio station
Radio Gorilla FM is a project created by music enthusiasts and its’ listeners.
Super interactive, one-page website for an online radio station. Besides listening to the music, you can:
- browse radio’s tracks database; and request songs online;
- have a chat with other listeners;
- browse yours and your friends profiles, their favourite tracks and their activities;
- gain experience as a listener and advance in your Gorilla’s rank,
- scrobble your listened songs to LastFM and Facebook OpenGraph API.
- done in AngularJS, as fully stand-alone frontend application
- connects to the API server via HTTP & WebSockets
- use of tools like Grunt, SASS, Jade, CoffeScript
- Done in Ruby on Rails
- Has HTTP and WebSockets API endpoints
- Includes an admin panel
- Implements full-text search with ElasticSearch
- Uses Redis to synchronise multiple Rails instances (server, workers, WebSockets server) and for caching
Both of the applications are automatically deployable via Git and Capistrano.