Commercial dictionaries online
Slowniki-pro is a lexicographical project allowing to accomodate all the general and specialist dictionaries in just one, online place.
Project’s aim was to replace all the old ways of building and getting a specialist dictionary, like: non-intuitive offline editor tools; installation of dictionary via offline medias like CD, DVDs; with simply: Internet.
Dictionaries had to be dressed into nice, intuitive web interface. To some of them, users need to register an account and pay a small fee to access them.
Whole project includes:
- publicly accessable front-end portal with online dictionaries,
- a moderator and reseller panel, allowing to control the sales of the access to the paid dictionaries,
- dictionaries’ editor panel, that allows the Slowniki-Pro and other clients to:
- create and manage dictionaries from the browser,
- manage dictionaries databases and editors’ user accounts,
- record audio pronunciation of headwords,
- create a printable version of dictionary,
- export the dictionary to native dictionary application (available on Windows, Mac and Linux),
- and finally, publish the dictionary onto the Slowniki-Pro platform.
- Whole back-end of slowniki-pro and its’ editor tools: written down from scratch, in custom MVC PHP framework, using Doctrine ORM
- Design of the SQL schema, that can be applicable for all the dictionaries and their languages available in Slowniki-Pro
- Implementation of payments (via DotPay)
- Automatic generation of PDF invoices